The Masked Reader
Posted at 08:56h
in News and Events
World Book Day is always a firm favourite here at Bremer. This year we launched our first ever Masked Reader extravaganza and competition which both pupils and staff alike thoroughly enjoyed!
Based on the famous TV program, staff and pupils had to disguise themselves behind a mask and read the blurb of a favourite book. A compilation video was made of staff reading the blurb and the pupils had to guess which member of staff it was.
Well done to the winning tutor groups with the highest score :
7A, 7B 7D, 8B, 8D, 9B, 9C, 9D, 9E, 10C and 10E.
Here is the list of the Masked Reader books featured. Why not ask a member of staff to tell you more and even ask for another recommendation.
- Miss Kibbler read Small Island by Andrea Levy
- Mr Patel read Burn by Patricia Briggs
- Mr Hasan read The Beekeeper of Aleppo by Christy Lefteri
- Mrs Hall read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J K Rowling
- Miss Gibson read Americanah by Chimimanda Ngozi Adichie
- Ms Kyriakou read Of Bees and Mist by Patrik Setiawan
- Miss Moosa read Nought and Crosses by Malorie Blackman
- Mr Carruth read Dune by Frank Herbet
- Miss McGregor read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J K Rowling
- Miss Staten read Game of Thrones by George R.R Martin
- Miss Frogley read Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- Mrs Saliah read Beyond the Sky: You and the Universe by Dara O’Briain
- Mrs Walcott read Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela
- Mrs Rason read Going Solo by Roald Dahl
And finally our Headteacher, and avid reader, Miss Smith and the Leadership team produced an SLT special bonus track reading of the classic Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Graeme. We especially loved the disguised and somewhat high-pitched voices of Mr Lyon and Mr Rowswell.
Thank you to all the staff and pupils who took part in this!