An excellent local school in the heart of the community
Frederick Bremer School is a strong community school where every child is known, grown and nurtured to be ‘the very best they can be’. Our values and ethos are explicit and tangible from the moment you enter the school, and all members of the school community share our values of ‘Respect, responsibility and integrity’.
Being part of the Frederick Bremer family is based on a shared understanding of equity. We are a very diverse community (a microcosm of the community we serve), but our diversity is our strength. Every member of our community is included, heard and valued.
Community education is very important to us. We believe that our school is here to serve and support the local community, and that the children of our community deserve the very best. We strive for both academic excellence, but balanced with community responsibility.
Our values and ethos is not idle rhetoric, we live and breathe this. How?
- Through our curriculum, which is broad, balanced and inclusive with a focus on deep, critical thinking
- Through having an on-going debate about high quality teaching which enables our pupils to thrive in our classrooms
- Through our pupil leadership programme, including an active school council, which plays a crucial role in leading our school
- Through our systems and policies which ensure our values are at the heart of our work, and that pupil safety is our priority
- Through our high quality staff (both teachers and support staff) who know our pupils very well and foster positive professional relationships
- Through our partnerships with external organisations and bodies, which enable our pupils to considering be inspired by leaders and experts
These are just some of the organisations and individuals the school worked with during 2015-6 included:
- Simmons and Simmons
- Music in Secondary Schools Trust
- IET Faraday Challenge
- British Fencing
- Sport England
- Rudolph Walker Drama Award
- Speak Out Challenge
- The National Theatre
- First Give
- Women of the World Festival
- Stella Creasy MP
- Educate to Eradicate
- Hibo Wardere Anti FGM Campaigner
- Bite the Ballot
- Convoys to Calais
- The Guardian Newspaper
- Significant Seams
Read more about our work here: