The School have appointed a designated Single Point of Contact to help support students who may be experiencing problems with substance abuse. Please contact the substance abuse staff member who is responsible for this area and or the Designated Safeguarding Lead if this is not the same person and record the concerns in CPOMS.
722 Young people’s substance misuse service also provides a free, friendly and confidential service that offers help and support to children and young people up to the age of 19 who live in Waltham Forest who misuse drugs and alcohol.
Based in High Road Leytonstone, the service has been specifically designed to listen to young people's concerns providing a complete assessment and a range of specialist substance misuse interventions. 722 offer help and support to young people including:
- Personal support and advice
- Harm reduction information and advice
- A personalised plan to stop using drugs and alcohol
- Relapse prevention
- A personalised plan to address substance misuse
- Information and advice on sexual health services
- Access to detox and rehab
- Referral to specialist services
- Prescribing services
- Other services include:
- Support for young people significantly affected by others substance misuse
- Support for parents, carers and families of young people who use drugs or alcohol
- Advice, training and consultation with professionals and organisations that work with children and young people in Waltham Forest
- Education and training for schools, agencies and organisations engaging with children and young people
- Surgeries and seminars for groups of young people about drugs and alcohol issues
- Working with young people in the youth offending service and criminal justice systems, providing one to one support and education
- Please ensure all appointments and referrals are made with the consent of the young person.
- It can be dangerous to mix drugs or to take them with alcohol
- Not knowing the strength of what you are taking can lead to accidental overdose
- Use of drugs and alcohol has been linked to some mental health issues
- 722 Young people’s substance misuse service is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. Evening appointments are also available.
- For more information or to talk in confidence: Call 020 8496 5020 or write/visit them at: 722 High Road, Leytonstone E11 3AJ